Internet Usage Management
Home Internet 10 customers will receive usage notifications from ASTAC once they’ve enjoyed 20GB, 30GB, 50GB, 70GB, 100GB, and every 10GB used after that up to 200GB. We are invested in you staying up to date and informed and have evolved SmartHub to allow you to view your usage, up to date at any time.
Additional ways to manage your usage include:
- Set-up Wi-Fi controls to be enabled only when you are home, or have it turned off when kids go to bed
- Change your password
ASTAC’s Wi-Fi routers are powerful devices and have the ability to penetrate through walls. Remember, your speed is shared by all devices. If your neighbors are using your Wi-Fi, they are using your speed and bandwidth too. Be sure to secure and password protect your Wi-Fi.
- View all streaming services (Netflix, Hulu, YouTube, etc.) in SD (standard definition) vs HD (high definition)
- Keep your devices clean
Run regular virus scans to keep your devices clean. Close browsers, clear cookies, and turn off devices you’re not using. Clearing cookies is fast and easy, but the steps vary by browser. To learn how to clear cookies for your browser, a quick web search is all you need.
- Eliminate interoperability issues and high airtime usage
Upgrade devices more than 5 years old
Select the best location for optimal performance.
- Place in central, raised, open space
- The further the signal has to travel, the more it has to travel through and around, the slower the speeds will be
- Minimize obstacles, avoid placing in media center or closet
Keep away from wireless or radio signals such as cordless phones, Bluetooth devices, microwave ovens, baby monitors, gaming controllers
Leverage Dual Radio
Customers with bandwidth intensive devices should enable the 5Ghz radio band to create a separate network for improved performance
Check Signal Strength
Ensure there are no extreme barriers blocking the signal
The National Cyber Security Alliance and many others have created resources to help you stay safer and more secure online and better protect your personal information.